Friday, January 27, 2017

Moving Along


I'm now writing at www.parksandglenn.com

A few words about this blog: mostly navel-gazing essays which allowed me to clarify (internally) what I believe on various topics. It was fun to post them and meet new friends, in my town and beyond, through blog connections. I found that I initially wrote when agitated over news items or to answer fallacies faced in daily life -- I'm thankful to leave that behind.

Last night marked a 19 year reprieve from active addiction for me. God has granted me a freedom that I hope to make the most of on a daily basis ~ from self-destruction through booze & drugs, but also a freedom from behaviors that hurt other people. I am not proud of my more strident pieces here. The last companion I had in my drunkenness (not counting the spiritual demons which I renounce to this day) was Dylan Thomas. His words about people and institutions still surround me; I love his spirit. To wit: "Don't be too harsh to these poems until they're typed. I always think typescript lends some sort of certainty: at least, if the things are bad then, they appear to be bad with conviction." -DT

No comments:

Post a Comment