Friday, February 14, 2014

pretty, happy, funny, real

{pretty}
 
{happy}
the indefatigable Father Augustine Hilander, OP
with a portion of American Heritage Girls Troop AK1130,
who were recognized for their compassionate service efforts 
with the 2014 St. Francis of Assisi Award in the Youth category.
 
  
{funny}


{real}
 

Driving, chatting, parking, shuffling, waiting, returning, helping, hoping, winning. Today was sublime. This too shall pass, to be sure --- and I can't tell the difference between joy and giddiness when these many forms of toil bloom so fruitfully. I love motherhood. I didn't know it would be like this. (that sentiment goes for the difficult, solitary and complicated times too! Nobody told me a single box of Rice Krispies cereal paired with that boy in the photo above could desecrate a living room and four flights of stairs in less than five minutes and without a peep. But it can/does/will, and moms soldier on, because mostly laundry. I'm thankful for the friends and mentors who shepherd us according to their talents. And so grateful for my husband. This blog post now ends before I descend into idiotic poetry or word scrambles. I love you, Anthony.)

No comments:

Post a Comment